Web accessibility services
Our web accessibility services ensure your site reaches the widest possible audience.
Our experienced team can:
- Test your site manually across numerous technologies and/or test them with disabled users.
- Take the guesswork out of the accessibility guidelines and compliancy standards (WCAG, RNIB).
- Help you create a universally accessible website that can be accessed by assistive or new technologies, like screen readers or Smartphones.
- Commercially: Can your business risk excluding the 8.5 million disabled people in Britain or the growing number of users browsing the web with new technologies? Making your website universally accessible to more users means exposing your organisation to more customers.
- Ethically: The original vision of the web was its ‘universality’. Showing that you embrace this philosophy by ensuring your website is accessible to a wide audience demonstrates an inclusive and ethical approach to your customers.
- Legally: “It is unlawful for a provider of services to discriminate against a disabled person” according to the Equality Act. A website is a service to all users, whatever its purpose. It is the duty of all service providers to ensure, as far as possible, that their online service complies with the Equality Act and general best practise.
Web Accessibility Audits
User Vision can perform a comprehensive accessibility audit of your website, advise you on achieving a recognised compliancy standard and test your site with disabled users. You will be provided with a detailed report on the site’s accessibility and what measures are required for improvements.
Web accessibility experts from User Vision will evaluate your site through a series of automated and manual tests to determine problems that disabled users may face in accessing the site.
Our consultants will examine the site with a range of different browsers and platforms, including screen readers, text only browsers and standard browsers. The code will be manually checked to determine how issues arise and what can be done to resolve them.
If you are trying to achieve a recognised accessibility standard we can tailor our report to your needs. We can evaluate sites against the full set of W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines as well as any internal accessibility guidelines your organisation works to.
Testing with Disabled Users
We also conduct usability tests with disabled users to determine the accessibility of the site. We have access to a database of disabled users who will use your site and provide feedback on their experience. Observing these tests is a powerful reminder for you or your colleagues why you should be striving to make your site accessible.
Frequently our web accessibility audits are integrated with User Experience Evaluations and Usability Testing. Clients who have benefited from this service include Amnesty International, Economist.com, Ikea, Royal Bank of Scotland, Tesco Personal Finance and Scottish Enterprise. Our case study for Britannia Building Society shows how creating an accessible site has improved the user experience for all users.
User Vision provides a selection of training courses on Accessibility. These courses can be tailored to your specific needs. We also run regular public accessibility courses.
Contact us today to find out how we can help you make your website accessible to those with disabilities.