Accessibility of this siteWe want as many people as possible to be able to use our website. This page contains information about the following features:
- Skipping to the page's content
- Using our site's keyboard shortcuts
- How to resize the text in your browser
- All of our pages are able to be printed
- This website is built to recognised standards
We make the utmost effort to maintain a high standard of accessibility, but if you spot a problem with our site please contact us. Your feedback is always valued.
The content of each page can be accessed quickly by following the 'skip to content' link found at the start of each page.
You may also skip to the start of the page content at any time by using the shortcut key "S". The following section describes how to use keyboard shortcuts in most browsers.
Our site features keyboard shortcuts that follow the UK government standard. These are:
- S - Skip to content
- 1 - Go to the home page
- 3 - Go to the site map
- 8 - Read our site's terms and conditions
- 9 - Contact us
- 0 - Go to accessibility information for the site (this page)
To use keyboard shortcuts:
- In Internet Explorer, hold Alt and press the shortcut key, then press Enter
- In Firefox, hold Alt and Shift and press the shortcut key
Please read your browser help for other browsers.
To increase the text size in your browser:
- In Internet Explorer 7 and Firefox, hold Control and press +
- In older Internet Explorer versions, go to the ‘View' menu and choose from the ‘Text size' options
The BBC have a comprehensive list of how to customise your text size and other features of other browsers in their My Web My Way section.
Our pages should print well without the need for a separate print version. Just use your browser's normal print function.
We've built this site to conform to W3C standards for XHTML and CSS, and we strive to achieve a Triple A accessibility rating against the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0 (WCAG). We hope that this means our site will be viewable by the widest range of devices now and in the future.
If you find a problem with our site please contact us so that we can fix it.